What You Need To Know About Options Pricing Before You Start.
Before starting your options trading journey, you should have a good understanding of the key factors that determine the value of an option. These include the current stock price, time until expiration, implied volatility, the intrinsic value, interest rates and dividends (lesser effect).
Sounds like a lot at first but once you break it down, it’s quite simply really.
Thankfully we’re not going to hand calculate the Black-Scholes option pricing model – your safe there huh? Of course it’s good to know, but gaining the essential knowledge is more important than boring you to death. So, we would rather focus on the inputs or option pricing as opposed to the calculations.
This 10-part series will provide you with rock-solid guidance that will have you analyzing options better in no time.
- The 7 Factors That Determine Option Pricing And Value In The Real World
- 4 Must Know Options Expiration Day Traps to Avoid
- Trading Calendar Option Spreads – How To Use Time Decay To Your Advantage
- 10 Reasons Why Options Trading Liquidity Should Be A Top Priority
- Options Don’t Expire On The Third Friday Of Every Month (Technically)
- 4 Ways You Can Trade Weekly Options In Your Portfolio
- Profit From Unusual And Abnormally High Options Trading Volume
- Understanding The Max Pain Theory Near Options Expiration
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Trading Commissions
- How Can I Exit A Vertical Option Spread Without Getting Creamed?
More often than not, it’s these simple tutorials that can mean thousands of dollars back into your pocket this month.
It can be a complicated affair if you do not take the time to understand the terminology and concepts of options before trading them. Thus many people simply have no idea at all of what Theta is, while others, searching for an explanation of some sort, end up associating it incorrectly.
Interestingly enough, all of the factors that effect option pricing are known except volatility – which is estimated as future/implied volatility. Thus the effect of option volatility is the most subjective and honestly the most difficult input to quantify and yet the most important.
Hungry for more? Check out our free options trading video course.
Start The FREE 4-Part Video Course
Join more than 16,000+ people who have already taken our free course and are learning smarter ways to trade options each week for monthly income. (Hint: these videos are NOT posted anywhere publicly on our site)
Here’s What You’ll Learn Inside:
- Top 7 options trading principles you need to clearly understand before you make another bad trade.
- Hard truth about correctly managing risk, adjusting trades and treating this as a full-time business.
- 12 strategies we personally use to generate consistent income regardless of the market direction.
- Why trading options vs. stocks is the long-term key to safer, more profitable income generation.
Spam is for jerks – we don’t do that.