Option Alpha is creating a first-to-market, fully browser-based automated trading platform for the stock market. We’re giving our users the ability to trade algorithmically without having to know how to code... and we want you to help build it.
You’ll be part of a small, very talented group of engineers that is responsible for all facets of our SaaS operations from UI/UX, to back-end microservices, to maintaining cloud infrastructure, and everything in between. As a team, we are constantly challenging ourselves to architect and build novel solutions to very difficult problems, while maintaining extreme performance and reliability.
The Option Alpha auto-trading platform: https://optionalpha.com/platform
We are looking for a senior full-stack software engineer well versed in Node.js to help support live trading, working out of our St. Petersburg, FL office. You will initially be working on the API connections between our Node.js back-end and our new broker partners, as well as helping to engineer the next evolution of this software platform. We encourage autonomy and expect all developers to take ownership of their projects.
Understanding of options trading and financial markets is highly desirable, but not required.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a lifelong learner, and team player
- A mastery of JS/Node.js and experience maintaining that codebase in a production context
- A willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, or technologies beyond your current expertise
- A willingness to adapt to a new coding paradigm to increase performance and readability, even if it differs from code you’ve written in the past
- Build new microservices in support of live trading, including broker integrations
- Building, deploying, and maintaining new features and functionality inside of the trading platform
- Participate in code reviews
- Located in or willing to relocate to St. Petersburg, FL
- Working knowledge of AWS services, including EC2 and Amazon Linux 2
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Github or similar repository with code samples
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Experience: 4 years or more
Options trading knowledge is a plus but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year