We are excited to announce that the Option Alpha platform doors are open to the trading public!
This episode explains how you can get access to our new platform and what to expect when you begin autotrading. We’ll also do a deep dive on why we built the platform, what it is, what it is not, and what’s next for Option Alpha.
How to Get Access
- Join the Waitlist and request an invitation.
- You will gain access to a FREE 30-day trial with no limitations and no commitments.
- You can move up the list by referring your friends and family. The more you refer, the faster you’ll move up the list.
- If you don't want to wait, you can get immediate access by upgrading to an annual subscription. PS - We’re giving away a 50% discount during our launch promo!
- You can also skip the line by using the promo code shared in this episode.
What to Expect During the 30-Day Trial
You’ll receive an email telling you it’s time to start your trial. Your activation period is only effective for a limited time, so make sure you start your trial right away. You will then have 30 days to explore the platform, clone and create bots, and trade live capital.
Why We Built an Autotrading Platform
We built this platform because we wanted it, and so did everybody else. Honestly, you deserve a better way to trade. We were tired of waiting, so we did it ourselves.
We created a platform that was easy to use for traders of all levels and doesn't require a coding background.
Automation and the ability to clone and modify existing strategies shared by other traders is the technology this industry needs. We were tired of waiting, so we built a platform to reimagine the way people trade.
Our Goal for the Platform
Manual trading has become antiquated and tedious. With automated trading, you are now in control of your most precious commodity: time.
Before Option Alpha’s autotrading platform, the challenges posed by trading caused unnecessary problems and took up way too much time for simple, mundane, repetitive tasks.
Traders are now free to spend their time on higher-level problems like discovering new trading strategies instead of wasting time managing positions.
We Started with the End In Mind
Were had seven main goals when building the platform:
- We knew the platform had to be fully automated.
- Controlling the automations had to be a no-code process that anyone could easily understand and use.
- The platform had to be insanely flexible and handle any process you would perform in a non-automated trading strategy.
- The bots needed to be 100% transparent. Everything the bot does is documented in detailed logs that record the history of bot actions.
- There had to be no conflict of interest regarding order flow or pay per contract basis for brokers. We are not a broker platform; we are a software service. We make our money with subscription fees. We have no incentive for you to trade a lot.
- The platform had to have crowd-sourced intelligence. The ability to share ideas seamlessly had to be built into the platform. The ability to clone somebody’s strategy is revolutionary. Bot templates are a real game-changer.
- And finally, we knew the platform had to have education, training, and support. We provide in-depth bot workshops, training, a complete Help Center, tech docs, a support team of real traders, and more.
More on Bots, Automations, and the Framework We Built for Trading
A bot - short for “robot” - is simply a tool that helps you execute and manage a trading strategy inside your portfolio. Bots help automate tasks, decisions, and actions that a trader would otherwise perform manually.
Bots are powerful because they can run entire trading strategies, start to finish, while also being faster, more efficient, and more accurate than manual traders.
Bots use automations. An automation is an instruction manual for the bot that tells the bot what to do. Automations can be simple or incredibly complex.
Inside automations are decisions and actions. Automations use a natural language interface to tell the bot what to do and when. You are in complete control of your automations and can choose from dozens of detailed decisions to guide your bot.
The beauty is that bots don’t get tired and don’t miss opportunities.
What the Platform is Not & What the Bots Are Not
Bots are not a magic solution. They simply automate tasks quickly and efficiently. Bots only do exactly what you tell them to do. Therefore, using a bot won’t improve a bad strategy.
Autotrading is not unattended trading. You can’t just sit back and expect the bots to make you rich. You have to check in and make tweaks to optimize your strategies as markets change, just like before automation.
Bots force you to think critically about your strategy from start to finish. Remember, bots only do exactly what you tell them to do. It is up to you to make sure your bot is built exactly how you want.
Bots force us to confront our biases (while also helping you avoid them by removing you from the daily process of trading). With manual trading, you might make different decisions depending on how you feel. Bots don’t have emotion; they simply repeat the same actions over and over and over.
There are so many exciting things coming!
Formulas will be released soon. Formulas allow you to create, save, and share calculations. Formulas calculate in real-time faster than a human ever could.
We continue to release new variables, recipes, improvements, and data fields to the platform. Most of these changes are driven by feedback from our trading Community.
You should also expect new broker integrations, trading apps, indicators, and training events.
Go to optionalpha.com/promo, enter your email, and enter the code “podcaster” – If you are one of the first 209 to do so, you will gain instant access to a free 30-day trial of the autotrading platform!