About this template
This is an extension of the CORE Call Debit Spread (Beginner).
CORE sample bots are a great resource for traders to familiarize themselves with one of the core options trading strategies and how they can be automated through Option Alpha.
This intermediate version adds a Symbol Loop to the scanner automation for multiple tickers to be used. The symbols are set by the Ticker List input and this input is elevated to the main Settings level where it can be changed.
The scanner also has a test added to ensure only a single position is open in any ticker.
- Symbols Traded: SPY, QQQ
- Entry Condition: IV < 50
- Expirations traded: 30 DTE or closest
- Short Strike Delta: 0.50 Delta
- Short Strike: $5 Above Long Strike
- Position Size: 1 Contract/Spread
- Max positions allowed to open per day: 2
- Max total positions allowed to be open: 2
- Exit Conditions: 50% Profit Target or 5 DTE
Up to ten ticker symbols can be used. They are set in the bot level Ticker List input on the bot's Settings panel.
Change the position limits to allow the bot to hold more than 2 positions at a time.
Note that the monitor used here is unchanged from the CORE Call Debit Spread Bot (Beginner).