Options Backtesting, Investment Research, & the Future of Option Alpha
More specifically, I wanted to officially announce that our new options backtesting software will be released publicly on June 1st. And as mentioned before to many people, as soon as the new software goes live, the cost of the Lifetime Membership will go up by $1,000.
Options backtesting software is something that has been terribly done in our industry and we've worked really hard (and invested a ton of money) to make sure it's done right. After many months of development, I'm proud to say that we've made it not only powerful but simplistic and intuitive enough that anyone can use it. More importantly, it allows you to stress test option strategies before putting real capital at risk.
I'll dive more into the details and everything it includes a little more during today's show. Plus, I'll hint at some new research reports we've already been working on that will be released in the next couple months.
Key Points from Today's Show:
- We are quickly approaching the launch date of our options backtesting software, which is on June 1, 2017.
- When the software goes live, the Option Alpha lifetime member is going to go up by $1,000.
- Unlike a video tutorial or a PDF guide, software needs continuous maintenance and upkeep.
- Although it comes at a cost, it is of tremendous value for trading and future research.
- Lifetime members have been getting access to the options backtesting software over the last two weeks.
- As soon as the software goes live on June 1st, there will be a promotion for a small discount.
Profit Matrix Project
- On June 14th, 2017 for episode 100 we will be doing an in-depth dive on our new project, the Profit Matrix.
- The Profit Matrix tests millions of combinations of options strategies across many ticker symbols, rolling it into one big options strategy backtesting report.
- There will be different sections for overall strategies as well as individual mini-reports on each strategy.
Research Reports Coming Up
- One of the first things we will release is a covered calls report, from research across 50 different ticker symbols.
- The next thing is an earnings trading report, to understand more about making profitable earnings trades.
- The third is an adjustments report on the different trade adjustments you can make, based on strategy first, to enhance returns from the options backtester.
The Trade Optimizer Software
- The Trade Optimizer is another piece of software we will be releasing as an extra layer to the backtesting software.
- What the software does is it optimizes your current market situation and spits out exactly what strategy you should be using, down to the exact framework of that strategy.
- It gives you the exact strategy to use based on the number of days you are from expiration and IV rank.
- Can filter strategies from the research, to spit out the top 10 strategies based on your inputs and parameters.
- It helps you optimize what you are doing for the current market situation and executing a strategy that works better.
- Sometimes a slight tweak in your strategy or inputs can have a major difference and impact on your trade.
Updates Coming to Option Alpha
- Upgrading the forum, adding to-do checklists and guides, including mini-quizzes and tests throughout the track.
- Increased number of on-demand classes and on-demand webinars, based on research and data.
- Launching an ambassador or affiliate program for Option Alpha, without diluting the brand's goodwill.
- Exclusive trader interviews with members of the Option Alpha community as bonus content.
- Portfolio tracking software that integrates with your broker platform to import your portfolio for analysis.
- Updating the watchlist software to make it more comprehensive and integrated into the backtesting software.