One of the many benefits of doing this podcast has been the opportunity to meet and connect with other traders with whom I admire and have followed for years. John Carter has been on my short list of those to contact for this podcast (with many more coming that you all will enjoy!).
What's so great about his story is that he never had the "traditional" schooling to trade options. He knew he wanted to figure out how the market worked (and make money in the process) and has been on a constant quest to learn and grow. It's this self-awareness and willingness to change and adapt along the way that makes him such a great guest for our show.
In Today's Show, You'll Learn About:
- His story and how he's been able to trade full-time since 1998
- Why he is glad he didn't go the "Wall Street" route.
- The reason he only invests 20% of his account balance in options and why small positions are key to your long-term success.
- Combining and balancing out trades by "financing" one strategy with other strategies in the same trade.
- His strategy for using technical analysis in determining market direction.
- How his strategy and tactics have evolved over time including focusing on volatility.
- Why simply buying single leg puts or calls leads to inconsistency.
- The newest trade his is making on BIIB during the closing bell segment.